While Valentine’s Day is just another Hallmark holiday (IMHO), I believe that this can be a day to celebrate the many dynamics of love. You don’t need to have a significant other in order to enjoy this day or make it special.
On February 14th, share your time and energy with others whom you care about and appreciate. Or, take the time for YOU; indulge in self-care.
Here are ten ways to recognize good-ole Saint Valentine’s Day -
1) Spa day: What a great excuse to pamper yourself. Take an FTO day, schedule a facial, massage, or get your nails done.
2) Arrange your own bouquet: My local supermarket carries small (and inexpensive) bunches of flowers to make your own arrangements. You do not have to wait for somebody to give you flowers, build your own bouquet! Surprise someone else with a homemade bouquet.
3) Take a class: Any type of class. A workout class. A cooking class. An art class.
4) Wine Tasting/Beer Tasting: Go to a local winery or brewery. Grab a flight and some bar snacks.
5) Grab a bite: Don’t go to a restaurant with a limited prix fixe menu. Overrated and overpriced. Instead, I would probably opt for Indian food (my favorite!)
6) Do a Secret Valentine (like a Secret Santa): Organize this with a group of friends. Pick names from a hat. Alternatively, there are websites that can do this for you, click here!! Set a $ limit, and exchange small gifts. You can even make homemade Valentines to give out! Or, grab a pre-made box with mini candies, so nostalgic!
7) Cook/bake something: I have so many cookbooks laying around, I think it would be a great idea to pick a couple of recipes and make a home-cooked meal or dessert.
8) Volunteer: Spread the love. Do something nice for somebody else. Check Volunteer Match for local opportunities.
9) Get a haircut or a blowout: It certainly will leave you feeling refreshed and confident.
10) Catch a movie/binge Netflix: Sounds like a great day to me.
What are your Valentine’s plans?